|Length||110 cm - 44 inches / Large – possible to shorten|
|Width||3.8 cm (1 ½ inches) wide|
|Origin||Designed and made in England|
|Construction||Solid gold gilt fitting and black leather ends|
Suitsurmesur braces are the benchmark of superior quality in gentlemen’s suiting accessories. Our navy boxcloth braces are made from pure wool and fitted with gold-plated and saddle black leather braided ends. All breeches are multifid so one size can be adjusted to fit all. Our boxcloth sometimes known as “buckskin” has continued to be woven in Yorkshire, then finished by being shrunk to half it’s original width, which tightens up the cloth, allowing it to be used for making the ultimate classic braces. These braces, exclusive to Suitsurmesur make for a bold accompaniment to formal wear, heightened by gold-plated brass fittings and leather braided ends. With the range of colours on offer, there will be a choice for all occasions.
• Leather braided ends for attaching to buttons on trouser waistband
• Hand stitched black leather fittings in fine goatskin
• Broad, comfortable straps 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) wide
• Gold coloured sliders to adjust braces for length and comfort
• Leather reinforcements and elastic portion at rear
• Supplied with 6 buttons to sew onto trouser waistband if necessary
• Pair of two-button fittings at front, two single button fittings at rear
• Popular with barristers, solicitors and sartorial dandies
*If one could only have one pair of braces, these would be a very good choice. Just like with bordeaux ties, this accessory is incredibly versatile. Goes just as well with formal outfits like a navy suit, white shirt, bordeaux grenadine tie, white linen pocket square, bordeaux socks and dark brown oxfords, as with more sporty ones like with a brown jacket, light grey pants, blue OCBD, navy pocket square, green knit tie, navy socks and suede derbies.*
The length of the braces is measured from the trouser waistband at the front, over the shoulder, and down to the trouser waistband at the back. The braces can be adjusted for comfort and length using the gold-coloured metal sliders. The short elasticated portion at the back allows for some "give" when, for example, sitting down.